It’s March here in the beautiful Northwest and I expect to hear of a tiger in the net soon: Brrr... hardy bunch! And no spawn later, because all our muskies in this state are the handsome,
sterile, hybrid tiger muskie.
2018 Chapter Officers include President, Mike Floyd, who had another amazing year in 2017 with 88 muskie caught & released. In 10 years since the Chapter
started, he has over 623 (!!) fish in the net and is # 7 on the MUSKIES INC. Men’s Master List for 2017.
Dan Fuller is Vice President, Tammy Ramsell Baldwin is Treasurer, Jani K. is Secretary, Mike Haw is RVP and Mike and Dan Fuller will once again serve as our EXCELLENT Tournament Directors. Be sure
to say “thanks” when you see any of them – great people serving a great fishery.
The Tiger Muskie signs for all 7 of our Tiger Muskie lakes were installed (each have multiple launches). We worked with Warmwater Manager Bruce Bolding to make sure we are in
compliance with the WDFW. In the land of Salmon & Trout, on-going education about our Esox is a priority; what it is and more importantly, what it is NOT. Look for them this season and tell us
what you think.
PRESIDENT: Mike Floyd
VICE PRESIDENT: Dan Fuller
TREASURER: Tammy Ramsell Baldwin
SECRETARY: Jani K.
RVP: Michael Haw
MERCHANDISE/DONATIONS Any Board member, above.
TOURNAMENTS: Dan & Mike
MEMBERSHIP: Jani K.
MUSKIE LOG: Michael Floyd
NEWS & VIEWS: Miles McDonald
WEB SITE: Jani K.
IFPAC & WDFW Liasion: Don Wittenberger
Our 70 Members are scattered across Western WA. & Western Oregon. 22 of them made it to the 5th Anniversary Meeting. Traveling from Yelm, were D.J. & Rhonda & Family, from Olympia,
Trent & Carolyn with Chantelle's fabulous custom Anniversary cake and Ed, ALL the way from Pasco (4 hours away!) And it is always a treat to have Jack T. from Onalaska at our meetings; he brings
decades of data and history on the Tiger Muskie in Washington.
The free pizza & pop added to the celebration. President Norm also presented 2 Special Plaques; one to the Chapter, showing the historic 1st group photo, taken in May
2007, and another he presented to Alisha, Assistant Manager at Round Table Pizza to show the Chapter's gratitude in being our Meeting Place Sponsor for the last 4.5 years.
Finally, Norm went around the room and asked each member what the Chapter meant to them:
- The fun of fishing together & camaraderie were in many responses. Some very special stories were shared and many thanks were
given. The word "friendship" came up often.
- Special Mention was made of Bill & Rosann Green and Mark Holcomb, who were some of the very first Board Members and who have had a
tremendous influence upon the Chapter, especially in the early days of navigating the water of a new non-profit Chapter.
- Norm paid thanks to Jani for her continued contributions.
- Kudos were also given to Perry, the 1st President, Buddy Hartman, 2nd President and Brett Olson, Past Vice President and Chairman of
Cudaman Lures for their dedication to the Chapter and keeping the Chapter on course.
- Some of the Chapter's accomplishments were also mentioned:
- With Don W.'s help, we helped change the WDFW minimum size limit on TM from 36 to 50 inches.
- Maintained a Booth at the Sportsman Show for 5 Years.
- Organized a Muskie School complete with indoor pool for lure demonstrations and were honored to have Larry Ramsell from Wisconsin as Guest Speaker.
- Brought Muskies, Inc. to Washington;helped start Chapter #60.
- Raised $15,000 for the WDFW Tiger Muskie Program!