Our 70 Members are scattered across Western WA. & Western Oregon. 22 of them made it to the 5th Anniversary Meeting. Traveling from Yelm, were D.J. & Rhonda & Family, from Olympia,
Trent & Carolyn with Chantelle's fabulous custom Anniversary cake and Ed, ALL the way from Pasco (4 hours away!) And it is always a treat to have Jack T. from Onalaska at our meetings; he brings
decades of data and history on the Tiger Muskie in Washington.
The free pizza & pop added to the celebration. President Norm also presented 2 Special Plaques; one to the Chapter, showing the historic 1st group photo, taken in May
2007, and another he presented to Alisha, Assistant Manager at Round Table Pizza to show the Chapter's gratitude in being our Meeting Place Sponsor for the last 4.5 years.
Finally, Norm went around the room and asked each member what the Chapter meant to them:
- The fun of fishing together & camaraderie were in many responses. Some very special stories were shared and many thanks were
given. The word "friendship" came up often.
- Special Mention was made of Bill & Rosann Green and Mark Holcomb, who were some of the very first Board Members and who have had a
tremendous influence upon the Chapter, especially in the early days of navigating the water of a new non-profit Chapter.
- Norm paid thanks to Jani for her continued contributions.
- Kudos were also given to Perry, the 1st President, Buddy Hartman, 2nd President and Brett Olson, Past Vice President and Chairman of
Cudaman Lures for their dedication to the Chapter and keeping the Chapter on course.
- Some of the Chapter's accomplishments were also mentioned:
- With Don W.'s help, we helped change the WDFW minimum size limit on TM from 36 to 50 inches.
- Maintained a Booth at the Sportsman Show for 5 Years.
- Organized a Muskie School complete with indoor pool for lure demonstrations and were honored to have Larry Ramsell from Wisconsin as Guest Speaker.
- Brought Muskies, Inc. to Washington;helped start Chapter #60.
- Raised $15,000 for the WDFW Tiger Muskie Program!
PHOTOS COURTESY of JOE FRENCH